Latvian Presidency of the Council of the European Union
The Latvian Presidency of the Council will take place during the first half of 2015. Latvia will take over the Presidency from Italy and pass it to Luxembourg.
Reach an agreement with the EP on the proposal for Regulations on medical devices.
Reach a general approach on the Regulation on psychoactive substances.
Continue discussions on healthy lifestyle:
- Facilitate the discussions on the future of the alcohol policy/-ies in the EU
- Emphasize the importance of patient centered health care
- Highlighting the importance of MDR-TB
To ensure the consistency, as well as the synergy, between the various elements of the implementation and preparation stage of the Latvian presidency there have been guiding principles defined in which the fundamental values of Latvia and the EU are reflected:
The guiding principles of the presidency offer a framework for the elaboration of the presidency working programme and priorities as well as development and implementation of the presidency communication strategy, the selection and training of personnel, planning the budget, logistics matters, and also public diplomacy and a cultural programme. Detailed information - Secretariat of the Latvian Presidency of the Council of the European Union.
Presidency Coordinators in Ministry
In order to ensure smooth exchange of information and the preparation process of the Latvian Presidency of the Council of the European Union, every ministry has people designated as presidency coordinators. The Secretariat for the Latvian Presidency of the Council of the EU regularly works with the presidency coordinators; every month a meeting is called in order to discuss important tasks relating to the presidency.
Coordination in the Ministry of Health:
- Agnese Raboviča, European Affairs and International Cooperation Department, e-mail: email@example.com, phone: 00 371 67876060.
- Aleksandrs Takašovs, European Affairs and International Cooperation Department, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 00 371 67876025.
- Elīza Čipote, European Affairs and International Cooperation Department, e-mail: email@example.com, phone: 00 371 67876023.
- Oskars Šneiders, Communication Division, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 00 371 67876008